Please use the following to complete assignment:
Paper 2: Argument Synthesis
WRITING ASSIGNMENT: Write an argument essay in which you synthesize information from 3 or more different sources. You may use the source for your rhetorical analysis essay as one source if you plan to pursue the same topic.
This assignment requires you to develop an essay based on multiple sources. Our textbook explains a “synthesis is a discussion that forges connections between the arguments of two or more authors” (164). Greene and Lidinsky go on to caution you a synthesis “does not list the similarities and differences you find in different sources or to assert your agreement with one source” (164), but to support your argument about what the connections between these sources mean to you. Textual evidence from the sources serve to support your opinion. Please note, the essay’s body paragraphs must provide textual evidence from two different sources in support of the topic sentence. You will want to refer to “A Practice Sequence: Writing a Synthesis” to guide your reading and prewriting. As with all essays your voice—your point of view—will dominate the essay.
PURPOSE: To analyze, synthesize, argue, explain
AUDIENCE: Who would disagree with your argument? Why? Think of these naysayers as your audience. This will help you to remember to cite sources in support and keep your tone and style objective.
SOME GUIDELINES FOR YOUR WRITING in terms of PROCESS
As with Paper 1, your sources may be gleaned from our textbook, from Lewis University’s online database http://lewisu.edu/academics/library/index.htm , TED talks https://www.ted.com/talks?topics=technology&sort=newest, and/or Frontline documentaries or articles http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/
• Write an introduction to your essay that includes the following:
Establish that the issue is current and relevant.
Briefly present how your sources see the problem.
Explain what you see as the problem.
State your thesis.
• Write topic sentences in support of your thesis.
• Choose material to paraphrase/summarize and quote to support your topic sentences. Paraphrase/summary must be written using the words and rhythm of your own voice. This means you must accurately convey the author’s message without plagiarizing his/her words or ideas. The quotes must be integrated into your thoughts and no more than two lines. All references provide the author’s last name near the beginning and the page number at the end correctly formatted. Refer to 192-199 for guidance.
• Cite sources correctly using the guidelines in the back of our textbook 344-348.
• Revise for organization, coherency, and syntax.
• Correctly formatted Works Cited 348.
EVALUATION CRITERIA The best essays will:
• Include a clearly stated thesis statement appears at the end of the introduction, and although related to the theme drawn from original sources, is wholly original.
• Include all topic sentences written in the writer’s own words and free of quotes, summary, or paraphrase.
• Sounds like the writer’s voice dominates the essay
• References remain true to author’s intent. Each body paragraph references two different sources cited correctly.
• Provides support for body paragraphs in the form of textual references and explanations that are illustrative and reveal an appreciation of the issue.
• Smoothly integrate quotes into writer’s thoughts and are less than two lines.
• Introduces paraphrase/summary and quotes followed by correct citations and explanations for why the textual evidence is important, or how it supports the thesis.
• Organized deliberately and effectively
• Is scrupulously free of surface errors
MANUSCRIPT REQUIREMENTS: Is 4-5 pages in length, Times New Roman 12 pt font, and double-spaced in MLA/APA format.
Left Justified—name, assignment, date
Why Work with Us
Top Quality and Well-Researched Papers
We always make sure that writers follow all your instructions precisely. You can choose your academic level: high school, college/university or professional, and we will assign a writer who has a respective degree.
Professional and Experienced Academic Writers
We have a team of professional writers with experience in academic and business writing. Many are native speakers and able to perform any task for which you need help.
Free Unlimited Revisions
If you think we missed something, send your order for a free revision. You have 10 days to submit the order for review after you have received the final document. You can do this yourself after logging into your personal account or by contacting our support.
Prompt Delivery and 100% Money-Back-Guarantee
All papers are always delivered on time. In case we need more time to master your paper, we may contact you regarding the deadline extension. In case you cannot provide us with more time, a 100% refund is guaranteed.
Original & Confidential
We use several writing tools checks to ensure that all documents you receive are free from plagiarism. Our editors carefully review all quotations in the text. We also promise maximum confidentiality in all of our services.
24/7 Customer Support
Our support agents are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week and committed to providing you with the best customer experience. Get in touch whenever you need any assistance.
Try it now!
How it works?
Follow these simple steps to get your paper done
Place your order
Fill in the order form and provide all details of your assignment.
Proceed with the payment
Choose the payment system that suits you most.
Receive the final file
Once your paper is ready, we will email it to you.
No need to work on your paper at night. Sleep tight, we will cover your back. We offer all kinds of writing services.
No matter what kind of academic paper you need and how urgent you need it, you are welcome to choose your academic level and the type of your paper at an affordable price. We take care of all your paper needs and give a 24/7 customer care support system.
Admission Essays & Business Writing Help
An admission essay is an essay or other written statement by a candidate, often a potential student enrolling in a college, university, or graduate school. You can be rest assurred that through our service we will write the best admission essay for you.
Our academic writers and editors make the necessary changes to your paper so that it is polished. We also format your document by correctly quoting the sources and creating reference lists in the formats APA, Harvard, MLA, Chicago / Turabian.
If you think your paper could be improved, you can request a review. In this case, your paper will be checked by the writer or assigned to an editor. You can use this option as many times as you see fit. This is free because we want you to be completely satisfied with the service offered.